Seating capacity: 60 Students can sit at a given time.
Working hours of the Library:
On Week days: 10.30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On Saturdays: 10.30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Layout of the library:-
Since the space in the library is inadequate to accommodate the large number of books, the college authority has decided, as of now, to provide 2 rooms in the AJC Bose Bhavan for keeping books and providing reading facilities, till new construction is done.
The library procures books, journals and study materials on the recommendations of the faculty members and demands of the students.A budget is prepared by the Library Committee as per the grant allocated for the purpose. Then, Executive Body of the Library instructs all the departments to prepare the requisition form stating the requirements of books and journals. Quotations and tenders are invited by the Purchase Committee and then the decision is taken by them. After the purchase, entry of the books and cataloguing are done.
Annual budget for the purchase of books and journals during last 4 years
Rs.208480.00(State Grant)+500000(UGC Grant)
Rs.180761.00(State Grant)+160000(UGC Grant)
Rs.27735.00(State Grant)+800000(UGC Grant)
Number of books and journals purchased during last 5 years
Total books purchased in last five years: 7256
Total journals (No. of Issue) purchased in last five years: 66
Type of Collection
Journal(No. of Issue)
Science library: Number of books per subject
Food & Nutrition
Arts Library: Number of books per subject
Science Library: Number of titles per subject
Food & Nutrition
Arts library: Number of titles per subject
Details of the specialized services provided by the library
• Manuscripts: Not available
• Reference: Yes
• Reprography: Yes
• ILL (Inter Library Loan Service): No
• Information deployment and notification: Yes
• Download: Yes
• Printing: Yes
• Reading list/ Bibliography compilation: Yes
• In-house/remote access to e-resources: No
• User Orientation and awareness: Yes
• Assistance in searching Databases: Yes, service provided by the library staff
• INFLIBNET/IUC facilities (Teachers and students through teachers): Yes
Enumerate on the support provided by the Library staff to the students and teachers of the college
• The library staff members help the students and teachers in a number of ways.
• They help the students and teachers to browse the internet and also to search books online as well as from the racks of the library.
• They inform them about all of the available facilities of e-journals and magazines.
• Reading room facility with magazines and newspapers are also provided.
• Books are kept in racks according to subjects in the glass door almirah so as to facilitate ease to the users.
• Library cards are issued to the students. Library clearance is checked out by the college administration before issuing admit card of final examination to the students and also to teaching and non-teaching staff before giving release orders from the college.
• Books and Information on competitive exams and employment opportunities can also be obtained.
The special facilities offered by the library to the visually/physically challenged persons.
The differently-abled students are assisted by the Library staff in many ways like searching books, making entries for getting reading and lending facilities. The library is situated at the ground floor of AJC Bose Bhavan. Besides, there is a ramp at the main gate of this building.
Feedback from its users.
The Library gets feedback from its users by means of Survey. A printed form or questionnaire is given to the students of Third year (both Honours and General course) and are instructed to fill it. It is then analyzed by the Library committee, the teachers and the librarian, and measures are taken on that basis to improve the library services. Questions regarding the need of increase in the number of books and procurement of latest edition of books, working hours in the library etc. are taken in to consideration. The library also takes regular feedback verbally from its users.